It's been 10 years since John and I made our first trip to Hawaii, so we felt like it was time to visit the islands once again!
We stayed at the Kuhio Banyan Club near Waikiki Beach on Oahu. It wasn't as nice as the Hale Koa, but it was close to the international market and lots of restaurants (oh my gosh Liliha Bakery was my favorite) which was convenient. We wanted to make some new memories this time around so we changed things up a bit. This time we made a short trip over to the island of Kauai for a kayaking adventure!
Bob: "I'm SAILING!" :-)
We kayaked down the Wailua River and then went for a long walk through the jungle to get to Uluwehi Falls, which was amazing!
The next day we drove around the island to some of the places we remembered from our last trip, like the Byodo-In Japanese Buddhist Temple.
We stopped for lunch at Seven Brothers and had the BEST tasting burgers EVER.
Bob: "I'm SAILING!" :-)
We kayaked down the Wailua River and then went for a long walk through the jungle to get to Uluwehi Falls, which was amazing!
Before we left the hotel John mentioned he'd never seen me wear this outfit before, and I told him it was specifically for "adventuring" and showed him my "adventure pose."
We stopped for lunch at Seven Brothers and had the BEST tasting burgers EVER.
Teriyaki flavored meat with bacon and pineapple...
On Thursday we went back to Laei to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center.
On Thursday we went back to Laei to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center.
It was just as wonderful as we remembered.
The next day John got to fulfill his dream of snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and it was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen.
The next day John got to fulfill his dream of snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and it was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen.
Look at all the fishies!
I was nervous, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.Since we checked out of our hotel in the morning and didn't have to go to the airport until later that night, we used our free pass to go back and visit the PCC and see more of the presentations we didn't get to on Thursday. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.
It was a great way to end our week in paradise.
John set up our hammock on the beach and we spent an hour just listening to the ocean and enjoying the view.
It was a great way to end our week in paradise.
I am not a natural adventure seeker, so I am incredibly grateful for all the time and effort John puts into planning our vacations. He encourages me to live life to the fullest and brings in a lot of fun and excitement just to shake up our normal routine.
Thanks for choosing me, My Love.
Here's to 19 years of Happily Ever After.
Aloha!
No comments:
Post a Comment