*

*

Monday, May 12, 2025

Mother's Day MIA

So here is a bit of news I haven't shared yet... I started my first job in 15 years and have been working as a nurse at Saint Alphonsus in Nampa for the past six weeks!
There have been a lot of mixed emotions as I have been adjusting to my new schedule. To be honest, it has been one of the most difficult challenges of my life. Balancing my responsibilities at work and at home is a daunting task, and on days like today I wish I could be in two places at once.
Uncle Jordan invited us to join him and Aunt Michelle on a camping trip to Thousand Springs. Shaelyn had other school commitments and I was scheduled to work, so John took the three younger kids and had a fun time.
Leah sang a Mother's Day song with the Primary kids in church on Sunday, but since I would be at work I asked if Grammy Pam would come and sit in the congregation so Leah would have someone to sing to. Grammy loved the song, and they met up again with her later at the Bartschi Family Mother's Day dinner.
I was feeling a little sad about the things I had to miss out on this weekend, so I was happy that John brought the kids to visit me for a few minutes while I was at work.
 Leah answered a questionnaire about me for Mother's Day, and I enjoyed reading her responses.
If I could sum up Motherhood in one word it would be this:
…SACRIFICE…
We give up so many things from day one when we become mothers. We push ourselves to the max - Physically, mentally, and emotionally - as we learn something new every day about the kind of mother our child needs us to be: Strong and courageous, cheerful and witty, compassionate and understanding, firm and consistent, supportive and inspiring, calm and assuring… the list could go on forever.
From one moment to the next we are changing and adapting to the needs of our children, and it rarely feels like we’ve got it all figured out. But we show up every day, because that’s what Mothers do.
THANK YOU to all the women in my life for your daily sacrifices, for your examples, for your encouragement, and for being there for my kids when I sometimes can’t be. You are all amazing Daughters of God! 
Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment